Rashtriya Military Schools Invite Applications For Admission
- Rashtriya Military Schools located at Ajmer (Rajasthan), Belgaum (Karnataka), Bangalore (Karnataka), Chail (Himachal Pradesh) and Dholpur (Rajasthan) invite applications for admission to class VI & IX.
- Rashtriya Military Schools are CBSE affiliated, fully residential public schools, which function under the aegis of Ministry of Defence.
- Entrance Exam: Class VI. The Common Entrance Test (CET) for admission to Class VI will be held on 30th Dec 2018 (Sunday). The exam will be automated OMR based in subjects of Intelligence, General Knowledge, Mathematics and English of Class V standard.
- Entrance Exam: Class IX. The Common Entrance Test (CET) for admission to Class IX will be held on 30th Dec 2018 (Sunday). The exam will be automated OMR based in subjects of English, Hindi, Social Science, Mathematics and Science of Class VIII standard.
- Interview and Results. Candidates who clear the CET and are figuring in the merit list will be required to appear for Interview at respective Rashtriya Military Schools. Final merit list will be prepared after the Interview. Results will be hosted on the School website www.rashtriyamilitaryschools.in on internet.
- Application Forms. Prospectus and Application forms can be obtained by hand from any Rashtriya Military Schools by paying Rs. 600/- (Rs. 300/- in case of SC / ST) through Cash / DD. Prospectus and Application form can also be obtained through post by forwarding self addressed slip and Rs. 650/- (Rs. 375/- for SC / ST) (including Rs 50/- for postage) through Demand Draft payable at respective Rashtriya Military School (in favour of “Principal, Rashtriya Military School”). Prospectus and Application form can be obtained from 22 October 2018 tentatively from any of the Rashtriya Military School. List of Exam Centres and old question papers are given with application form. ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE ROUTED THROUGH RASHTRIYA MILITARY SCHOOL ONLY. Last date of submission of completely filled application forms is 15 November 2018.
(a) Age. Only boys between 10 to 11 years of age for Class VI and boys between 13 to 14 years of age for Class IX as on 01 July 2019 are eligible for admission. Six months relaxation in upper age limit is permissible for the wards of personnel Killed in Action.
(b) Education For admission to Class VI, No previous education qualification is mandatory. For admission in class IX, a candidate should have passed Class VIII from a govt / recognized school before the date of admission to a Rashtriya Military School. However, students studying in Class VIII are eligible to appear in the entrance test for Class IX.
(c) Medical. Selected candidates will have to undergo medical exam at the Command / Zonal and other Military Hospitals as nominated by the Director General of Medical Services prior to admission and only those found medically fit will be offered admission.
- Reservation of Vacancies
(a) 70% for wards of JCOs / OR of Army, Navy and AF (including ex-servicemen).
(b) 30% for wards of officers of Army, Navy and AF (including retired officers) and wards of civilians.
(c) 50 seats are reserved for wards of service personnel Killed in Action.
Note: 15% and 7.5% seats are reserved for SC and ST in all categories.
- Important Instructions:
a) The parents / candidates should exercise due care while filling up the application form. If on verification or otherwise at any subsequent stage, incorrect entries or some variations are found, then the candidature will be liable to be rejected.
(b) Verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents is taken up only after the candidate has qualified for Interview / Admission Test.
(c) Candidates should also note that once a Date of Birth has been claimed by them and entered in the records of the form for the purpose of admission, no change will be allowed subsequently on any ground whatsoever.
- Contact Details
(a) Rashtriya Military School Ajmer, Rajasthan – 305 001, Ph: 0145-2624105
(b) Rashtriya Military School Bangalore, PB-25040, Museum Road, Karnataka – 560 025, Ph: 080 25554972
(c) Rashtriya Military School Belgaum, Karnataka – 590 009, Ph: 0831-2406912
(d) Rashtriya Military School Chail, Shimla Hills, HP – 173 217, Ph: 01792-248326
(e) Rashtriya Military School Dholpur, Rajasthan – 328 028, Ph: 05642-220749.
Last date of receipt of application forms at respective Rashtriya Military Schools is 15 November 2018.Advertisement for Academic Session 2019-20 – CET 2018 Advertisement for Academic Session 2019-20 – CET 2018 (Hindi)