Cadets were educated, then from III to VII standard to enable them to appear for the Army’s Special Examination, which was equivalent to high school education. The three houses, at that time, were Coot, Clive and Cornwall. The School was reorganized in September 1952 and was thrown open to the sons of commissioned officers and civilians. The name of the school was shortened to King George’s School and the school motto was ‘Play the Game’. A member of the IPSC, (Indian Public School Conference) the school prepared cadets for Senior Cambridge Examination from 1952 to 1962. The nascent patriotic fervor found its local expression when the houses were renamed as Rajaji, Nehru and Mountbatten.
In 1972 the name of the Mountbatten House was changed to Tagore House and a new House by the name Shastri House was created.
In 1966, the School’s name was changed to ‘Bangalore Military School’ and after four years of its affiliation to ICSE, the school adopted the CBSE Syllabus in 1967. In 1969, the School’s motto was changed to “Sheelam Param Bhushanam“, a Sanskrit Shloka which means, “Character is the highest virtue“.
The School celebrated its Diamond Jubilee on 08th December 2006 and in July 2007 the School was renamed as Rashtriya Military School, Bangalore.
PB No. 25040, Museum Road PO, Opposite Johnson Market, Bangalore 560025 Karnataka India
Phone: +91 80 2555 4972
School Prospectus – 3MB PDF