During the World War-II the school was designated as College. One hundred more boys (then called cadets) were admitted under the expansion scheme. The conditions of admission were relaxed to accommodate the near relatives of Army Personnel and admission was thrown open to all branches of Armed Forces. The college was affiliated to the Punjab University for Matriculation and Intermediate examinations. This Institution produced a large number of Officers. The college was renamed as King George’s School and shifted to NOWGONG (Bundelkhand) in August 1952 where it was housed in Old Kitchner College buildings. After Independence it was felt that these schools should impart liberal education and should have a wider social basis. Consequently these schools were re-organised in September 1952 and half of the seats of total of 300 were thrown open to sons of Civilians and Armed Forces Officers. The school was renamed again as Chail Military School with effect from 01 Jan 1966, Military School Chail from 1996 and now as Rashtriya Military School Chail w.e.f 25 Jun 2007. Boys are now prepared for Senior School Certificate Examination of the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi under 10+2 scheme.
Phone: 01792-248326 / 01792-248750
E-mail: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
School Prospectus – 3MB PDF