The policy on admission to Rashtriya Military Schools is laid down in AO 6/2007/GS. Salient features are as follows:
Category of Students
- Entitled: Sons of serving / retired JCOs, NCOs and OR in Army and their equivalents in Navy and Air Force
- Non-Entitled: Sons of Service Officers and Civilians.
Reservation of Seats
- Entitled Category: 70%
- Non-Entitled Category: Sons of Service Officers and Civilians is 30%
- Age: Between 10 to 11 years as on 01 Jul of the year of admission for class VI, between 13 to 14 years as on 01 Jul of the year of admission for Class IX.
- Relaxation in Age: Six months relaxation in age is permissible for the sons of war widows / JCOs / OR Killed in action.
- Qualification: For admission to Class VI the candidate should meet the age criteria only. The candidate should have passed Class VIII from a recognized School at the time of admission in Class IX.
- Medical: Candidate should be medically fit as declared by Medical Board at the time of admission.
- Entrance Test
A common entrance test on all India basis for class VI and IX is conducted in the month of Dec each year followed by interview at respective Rashtriya Military Schools, for which weightage has been laid down.
- Directorate General of Military Training (MT-15) evaluates and prepares the merit list of successful candidates.
- Parents of successful candidates are intimated directly by Army HQ to join the School.
Phone: 01792-248326 / 01792-248750
E-mail: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
School Prospectus – 3MB PDF